Re: Pandas new version

"Rebecca N. Palmer" <rebecca_palmer@zoho.com> writes:
> Has anyone checked whether this would break pandas' reverse dependencies?

I didn't yet. I just tried to update the packaging to 0.24, which
however has a number of test failures, which would need to be discussed
with upstream first.

Also, the package is a bit "special", and Yaroslav seems to have the
requirement to support some older Ubuntu version with a different
handling, keeping this intact requires some attention.

Given the upcoming soft freeze, I think the schedule would be too tight
to fix them and check the rdeps before Feb 12. And since you already
determined the fix, the best would probably be to just apply it.

I could to this; however I will have time to do only on Thursday, so you
may want to do it before.

On a longer term, it would be good to clean this package up (removing
f.e. the special Cython handling) -- Yaroslav, how much do you still
these things? Since Panda is one of the universal packages, it would be
good to have it as standard as possible to make team maintenance simple.

Best regards

Ole