Re: Updates about BLAS64

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 09:15:03AM +0100, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> >    src:blis
> >      bin:libblis1 (meta)
> >        deps: libblis1-openmp | libblis1-pthread | libblis1-serial
> >        provides: libblas.so.3
> >      bin:libblis64-1 (meta)
> >        deps: libblis64-1-openmp | ...
> >        provides: libblas64.so.3
> >
> >   Note that BLIS doesn't provide LAPACK implementation.
> >
> >   @Sebastian: Does this look good to OpenBLAS?
>
> I don't understand what your actual question is. Could you be more
> specific?

Sorry for the misspelling of name.

My question is, does it look good if we update OpenBLAS to provide
similar set of binary packages? i.e.

  src: openblas

    bin: libopenblas-base (meta)
	  deps: libopenblasX-openmp | libopenblasX-pthread,
    bin: libopenblasX-openmp
	  conflict: libopenblasX-pthread
    bin: libopenblasX-pthread
	  conflict: ...
    bin: libopenblas-dev (meta)
	  deps: libopenblas-base
	bin: libopenblas-openmp-dev
	  deps: libopenblasX-openmp
	  conflict: libopenblas-pthread-dev
	bin: libopenblas-pthread-dev
	  deps: libopenblasX-pthread
	  conflict: libopenblas-openmp-dev

	bin: libopenblas64-base (meta)
	[...omitted...]
	bin: libopenblas64-dev (meta)
	[...omitted...]

As we know, NEW packages such as BLIS are good candidates experiments
without risking to break existing packages such as OpenBLAS. So if the
way we compile BLIS is proved working, we can also apply it to OpenBLAS.

BTW, what is the "-base" (in libopenblas-base) supposed to mean?