Status of Coin3, SoQt, Pivy and Freecad

Hi!!!!

Anton Gladky, Kurt Kremitzki and I have been working in these packages. We have
an ugly bug #874727 in Coin3 that affect all the packages that use them. Also,
SoQt was affected by the Qt4 drop in Buster.

Also, upstream began to move their build system from autotools to CMake. So,
finally, after suffer a bit (with pivy specially) we have solved almost all of
these issues. Let we summarize:

* coin3: it is in experimental. It's more or less ok. Probably it will
have some bug but till it not arrives to the archive I'm not able to
anticipate what could be wrong.

* soqt: it is almost ready to push to experimental. We found some
problems that pivy showed and all changes are in salsa (git, Qt5 branch). Maybe
we can push a package to experimental, but needs coin3 from experimental.

* pivy: Kurt K. repository is the good one [1]. We have to see how to merge this
one with the official one. Maybe appears some issue but it builds and works.

* freecad: the jewel of the crown. We built it against the new
versions. It works quite well. The most important new is that #874727 is
gone!!!! I could open a svg an not crashes.

If you want to test these packages you can add this line [2] at the usual place.

Cheers,

Leopold

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/kkremitzki-guest/pivy
[2] deb http://sir.upc.edu/debian-robotics sid main

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia