Re: spaCy: Create repository, merge bugs

Hi Lumin,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 02:05:33AM +0000, Mo Zhou wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Please always search on Salsa before really starting to package any
> dependency of spaCy. IIRC I've finished nearly all the dependencies,
> except for thinc. There are around ten packages but I aborted the whole
> package chain because thinc, the backend of spaCy, is yet another deep
> learning framework.
>
> spaCy is indeed used in my recent research, but note some of its
> dependencies look not actively maintained, and I'm not interested
> in maintaining hundreds of DL frameworks for Debian... That's exactly
> how I aborted it.
>
> The dependency chain is basically ready to be uploaded. Specifically,
> for thinc and spaCy, please drop my name from control if there is any.
(Uhmmm, I see I left it on thinc when uploading to new - I'll fix it in
Git meanwhile.)

Just to be sure: spaCy needs msgpack-numpy and I can't find it prepared
on salsa.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for the good preparation which was very helpful!