Re: Committing to a team-maintained package repository

Hi Paride,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 03:18:08PM +0200, Paride Legovini wrote:
> > just go for it push and sak for sponsoring here.
>
> I would be glad if you could review my commits here:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/libmseed
>
> I did more changes than I initially thought, so I left the package
> UNRELEASED for the moment. If you think it's ready to be uploaded let me
> know and I will finalize the changelog and tag the release.

I'm fine with s/UNRELEASED/unstable/ myself before doing a sponsoring
upload.  I like your changes a lot and I think its pretty good work.  So
the only suggestion I have is that you add yourself to Uploaders of the
package. :-)

Hmmm, may be another hint you might like to consider.  There is the
package d-shlibs which I *personally* like a lot since it might safe you
from making mistakes in library packaging.  Opinions about this are
different and I just want to make sure you know this package (its not
that well known unfortunately).  You can see examples for its usage
in clapack, libgtkdatabox and several other packages I maintain in
Debian Med (just tell me if you need more examples - learning d-shlibs
works best from existing examples!).

So just let me know if you want to

  1. Add yourself as Uploaders
  2. Switch to d-shlibs

Whatever you decide I'll also sponsor in the current state.