Re: RFS: python-fluids/0.1.72-1

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:17 PM, Anton Gladky <gladk@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Kurt,
>
> the package looks good. Some minor notes/questions:
>
> - Should the package be moved into the science-team repo?

Yes, it should. Also, I have several new packages I plan on packaging
under the Science Team. Would it be possible for me to get the rights
to create repos there?

> - Are you sure you need so mane build-depends packages to build
>   python-fluids? Should they not be in the Depends section?

I moved a few dependencies over into plain Depends, but most of the
B-D packages are required for the test stage of the build.

> - Please add a couple of autopkgtests (dep8) to check the basic
>   functionality of the package continuously.

I added a very basic autopkgtest but this part of packaging is new to
me. Are there any others you'd suggest adding besides [1]?

> - Looks like the md5sum of the tarball in the pristine-tar does not
>   match to the file, downloaded by uscan. Could you please check?

I think I had just forgotten to push the branch, but since it took me
so long to get back to this email I've forgotten if I fixed this.
Regardless a fresh clone and build seems OK so if this persists just
let me know how to reproduce it.

> - There are two important lintian warnings:
>     W: python-fluids-doc: empty-binary-package
>     W: python-fluids: new-package-should-not-package-python2-module
> python-fluids

I've taken care of both of these as well. For the Python 2 warning, I
just included a note in the changelog stating both 2 & 3 are provided.
This library is a dependency for both a thermo and heat transfer
Python library I am working towards packaging, and while everything
should be fine in 3, I'd prefer to include both versions and then just
remove 2 when the time comes.

> - Please double-check all files and their licenses, whether they are mirrored
>    in d/copyright.

Done.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/kkremitzki-guest/python-fluids/blob/master/debian/tests/control