Re: Project permissions on salsa

On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 05:56:38PM -0700, Dima Kogan wrote:
> Hi. Yes, that's the document I'm reading, and it does say to use the web
> interface. I think it'll be more helpful if it said something like
>
>   Instead of calling the "setup-repository" script, which was the
>   previous method of creating a new repo, please use the Salsa
>   interface.
>
> That makes the state of things crystal clear to those who have used the
> script previously.

In few weeks (I forgot how many, 4 maybe?) login on alioth will not be
possible anymore as the server will be definitely shut down.

Guess at that point such error won't be possible anymore.

Besides, I'd have expected:
1) people to follow d-d-a@, which mentioned alioth deprecation several
   times, which ought to have triggered some questions in your mind, at
   the very least
2) you to have followed debian-science@, which mentioned the move to
   salsa several times as well, in the last 3 months.
3) that anybody involved in Debian at this point would understand how
   git.debian.org == alioth.debian.org !=  salsa.debian.org

regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :