MKL is redistributable; Should we package it?

Hello d-science folks,

I noticed that intel's math kernel library is redistributable[1].
Since it is widely used in various fields, an mkl package
in Debian archive my be beneficial to at least science
software users.

However despite of the explicit declaration that MKL
is redistributable, MKL itself is a proprietary and
its source is not available. That means mkl must enter
nonfree, and the packaging is to simply repack a pile
of binary blobs.

As a co-maintainer of CUDA I really dislike working on
huge binary blobs that are permitted to redistribute.
But CUDA is still uploaded and maintained due to
its usefullness.

So, what's your opinion about the mkl package?

MKL itself contains BLAS routines, FFT, etc. Scientific
packages may possibly gain a performance boost
from mkl if they can be linked against mkl.

[1] https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl/license-faq
--
Best,