Re: HELP needed for uploading a new upstream version of the Rheolef package

Dear Sebastien,

> In this precise case, this file looks incorect: it states that most of the code
> is GPL-3 (only) and that utils/bamg/* is LGPL-2.1 (only). But these two
> licenses are incompatible!
> Looking at the source code, it looks like utils/bamg/* is LGPL-2.1+ (note the
> plus, which means v2.1 *or later*), which solves the problem.

Hum... I am not very fluent with this subject!
I've just added a + after LGPL-2.1 for utils/bamg in debian/copyright
and enter "git push" : is it fixed now ?

> Also, it could not figure if the rest of the code is GPL-2+ or GPL-3+ (the README file says
> GPL-2+, but the COPYING file says GPL-3+).

The upstream source code has updated the COPYING file to GPL-3+ while, in the header
of some individual files, there is some previous text still indicating GPL-2+.
It will fixed later in the upstream.
Is it a problem for uploading the new 7.0 upstream version in Debian ?

Many thanks for your help,

Pierre
--
Pierre.Saramito@imag.fr