Re: HELP needed for uploading a new upstream version of the Rheolef package

Dear Pierre,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 03:42:27PM +0200, Pierre Saramito wrote:

> I've just update the upstream branch and merge it into master.
> The repository should now contains the 7.0 version.
> Is there something else to do for the new 7.0 version in Debian ?

As with every new upstream release, you should verify that the debian/copyright
file is up-to-date.

In this precise case, this file looks incorect: it states that most of the code
is GPL-3 (only) and that utils/bamg/* is LGPL-2.1 (only). But these two
licenses are incompatible!

Looking at the source code, it looks like utils/bamg/* is LGPL-2.1+ (note the
plus, which means v2.1 *or later*), which solves the problem. Also, it could
not figure if the rest of the code is GPL-2+ or GPL-3+ (the README file says
GPL-2+, but the COPYING file says GPL-3+).

You can find the reference documentation for the machine-readable format of
debian/copyright at the following place:

 https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot