project creation on salsa

Hello,

I am packaging fclib [1], an API in C for read/writing files in a
format for a collection of frictional contact problems.  I have a
package ready locally, and would like to put it on Salsa before filing
my ITP and requesting sponsorship.

As I would like to propose it for Debian Science, I would like to
know, is it better if I create a personal project first and later
request to move it to science-team, or should I request to create a
project under science-team, as I do not have permissions to do so?  I
am not sure of the correct etiquette.  Personal projects do seem like
a good staging area, but I don't know if they are customarily used.
My username is sinclairs-guest.

thank you,
Steve

[1]: https://github.com/FrictionalContactLibrary/fclib