Re: Changing maintainer for mpich to debian-hpc

Le 24/01/2018 à 15:54, Drew Parsons a écrit :
On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 16:15 +0300, Boris Pek wrote:
  I propose to change the Maintainer: for mpich from "Debian
Science
  Maintainers" which is an Alioth list, to debian-hpc@lists.debian
.org.

  Any comments or objections?

I would prefer to have all Debian Science package-related e-mails
on a
single list. Given the sort of traffic that we have on debian-
science
(mostly packaging-related already), I would vote for using
debian-science as the maintainer address.

There are too huge amount of packages related to Debian Science team.
And as
far as I know the most of maintainers are interested only in limited
amount of
them. Thus all extra emails will be perceived as a flood. People who
do not
have enough free time to sort such flood manually just will stop
usage of this
mailing list.

I vote for not mixing of ML for communication with team members with
ML for
automatic emails related to packaging activity.

I agree with Boris, the maintenance emails would make the discussion
threads almost unreadable. Could use mail filters, but the same
problem applies to the web interface where you can't use a filter. A
separate list is cleaner.  Anyone who wants to subscribe to both still
can of course.

Fair enough, but I would still prefer to keep a single Maintainer address for the many science packages. What should this address be?

T.