Re: Changing maintainer for mpich to debian-hpc

>>  I propose to change the Maintainer: for mpich from "Debian Science
>>  Maintainers" which is an Alioth list, to debian-hpc@lists.debian.org.
>>
>>  Any comments or objections?
>
> I would prefer to have all Debian Science package-related e-mails on a
> single list. Given the sort of traffic that we have on debian-science
> (mostly packaging-related already), I would vote for using
> debian-science as the maintainer address.

There are too huge amount of packages related to Debian Science team. And as
far as I know the most of maintainers are interested only in limited amount of
them. Thus all extra emails will be perceived as a flood. People who do not
have enough free time to sort such flood manually just will stop usage of this
mailing list.

I vote for not mixing of ML for communication with team members with ML for
automatic emails related to packaging activity.

Best wishes,
Boris