RE:dh-r changes (Was: A common group on salsa.debian.org for R packages ?)

Hello

> Sure, I agree with you in principle.

> However, from a technical point of view, there is not only the problem of the
> hostname, but also of the access path of the repositories on that host. And
> even though the AliothRewriter thing provides a partial solution to the
> problem, it is not enough, because URLs such as
> https//anonscm.d.o/r-pkg-team/$pkg do not currently work.

This is why I like a lot flat repositories. (no surprise)
one source package, one repository under

git.dgit.debian.org:<package>

This is the purpose of the higher level tools to organise views of the packages using meta data's.

In my days to days work, I do not care of the organsiationon the disk, I just do a

dgit clone <package>

do the modifications and then

publish using

dgit push

Cheers

Frédéric

PS: I already created two new repo (ufo-filters and ufo-core) and indeed I used the salsa url for now.