Re: openmeca_2.1.7-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hello Andreas, Hello all,
Thank you for your help.

Le 2017-04-01 22:00, Andreas Tille a écrit :
Hi,

please do not write private mails but rather to the Debian Science list.
Sorry !

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 10:18:23AM +0200, dada wrote:

The third party libraries (boost, chronoengine, qglviewer and qwt) are
written by a lot of contributors.
Does I need to enumerate all of them in the copyright file ?

Yes. You need to mention all copyrights of every single file inside the
source code.  However, you are mentioning lots of libraries that are
packaged for Debian. You should remove these from the tarball and link
against the Debian packaged library.

I hope not :) because it will give me a lot of work... (more than hundred
files have to be parsed manually).

Just provide only your own source code and not an assemblage of third
party software.

I will remove the third party libraries. That's not a problem excepted for both of them: 1- The boost library. For technical reason, I prefer to keep a frozen version of the boost library inside the openmeca package. Because the boost library is used by openmeca to make input/output files (*.omc). If different versions of boost are used the interoperability of the *.omc is broken and openmeca users can't share their files.
2- The chronoengine library because it is not packaged by debian.

If you are ok with this way, I will parse all source files manually to get the right copyright statement of these both libraries.
By the way, it may take a long time and a lot of coffee ! :)

Best regards, Damien.