Re: Moving some of my packages to Debian Science team

Hi Andreas and Drew,

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 10:34:06PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Muammar,
>
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 01:07:15PM -0400, Muammar El Khatib wrote:
> > I have a series of packages that due to lack of time I am not catching
> > to keep them in a sane state. The packages in question are:
> >
> > - blacs-mpi.
> > - blacs-pvm.
> > - scalapack
> >
> > I would like to move them to Debian Science team.
>
> That's a good decision.

I also think it is the better. I do not have the same amount of free time to
take care of them as before.

> > Following Debian
> > Science Policy Manual, I have sent a request to join the group. I
> > would like to be still involved in the maintenance of them because
> > they were my first packages...
>
> I do not think that the team will take the work from you - it is just
> the you allow others to step at your side if there might be issues with
> the package.
>
> > The following step would be to prepare them to be added to the version
> > control system that you are using. Meanwhile, is there something else
> > I should know about moving those packages into Debian Science?.
>
> Nothing special in addition to the team policy.  Just ask here if
> something might remain unclear.

Thanks for the information!. For the moments, I am waiting to hear back from the
application to the Alioth project.

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:16:55AM +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-03-25 at 13:07 -0400, Muammar El Khatib wrote:
> > I would like to move them to Debian Science team. Following Debian
> > Science Policy Manual, I have sent a request to join the group.
>
> That's great idea, thanks Muammar. It'll make it simpler for us to help
> with patches and version updates.

Yes, I am sure that the health of the packages will improve a lot once they are
moved to the team.

> > would like to be still involved in the maintenance of them because
> > they were my first packages...
>
> Also great.  Welcome to Debian Science :)

Thanks! :).

Best,
--
Muammar El Khatib.