Re: Moving some of my packages to Debian Science team

Hi Muammar,

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 01:07:15PM -0400, Muammar El Khatib wrote:
> I have a series of packages that due to lack of time I am not catching
> to keep them in a sane state. The packages in question are:
>
> - blacs-mpi.
> - blacs-pvm.
> - scalapack
>
> I would like to move them to Debian Science team.

That's a good decision.

> Following Debian
> Science Policy Manual, I have sent a request to join the group. I
> would like to be still involved in the maintenance of them because
> they were my first packages...

I do not think that the team will take the work from you - it is just
the you allow others to step at your side if there might be issues with
the package.

> The following step would be to prepare them to be added to the version
> control system that you are using. Meanwhile, is there something else
> I should know about moving those packages into Debian Science?.

Nothing special in addition to the team policy.  Just ask here if
something might remain unclear.