Re: big issue with latest hdf5 upgrade to 1.10 in stretch

On 2017-02-13 20:58, Christophe Trophime wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Anton Gladky" <gladk@debian.org>
To: "Christophe Trophime" <christophe.trophime@lncmi.cnrs.fr>
Cc: "Gilles Filippini" <pini@debian.org>, dparsons@debian.org, "Debian Science List"
<debian-science@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 8:10:29 PM
Subject: Re: big issue with latest hdf5 upgrade to 1.10 in stretch

Christoph is right. Med-ficher fails on autopkgtests since the last
NMU. Unit tests are also failing, but they are not causing FTBFSs
due to explicit ignoring of its failures.

@Christoph, is there any chance to fix it in med-ficher?

I don't know how to fix the pb.

I had some contact with upstream. As far as I've understood they wont
fix this because
hdf5 1.10 introduce some problem of compatibility...

A specific release (4.xx) will adress this issue and fix the pbs of
compatibility
but in the meantime we are stuck!!

We're not.
HDF5-1.10 shouldn't introduce any compatibility. It is built with
"--with-default-api-version=v18".
In case there would be some unfortunate incompatibilities, there shouldn't
be that huge that it couldn't be fixed by a patch. The question is: what
are those incompatibilities?

Thanks,

_g.