Re: Sundials is way outdated

Hi Dima,

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 11:39:47PM -0800, Dima Kogan wrote:
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads
> >
> > I'm using a just updated pbuilder chroot.  Any hints?
>
> Did you add Build-Depends: python ?

Well, yes, I remember you gave that hint and I admit it works.  However,
for some efficient communication I consider Git commits way more
productive.  Could we please agree that everybody who has some enhancement
to the package which enables others building it will commit it instead of
sending hints to the mailing list?  That would be nice.

I've now applied the suggested change and pushed it.  Unfortunately I'm
running into the next issue which is probably easy to solve but as I
told you I have no detailed knowledge about sundials and I have no idea
what former packagers had in mind:

-- Installing: /build/sundials-2.7.0+dfsg/debian/tmp/usr/include/kinsol/kinsol_impl.h
-- Installing: /build/sundials-2.7.0+dfsg/debian/tmp/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsundials_fkinsol.a
make[2]: Leaving directory '/build/sundials-2.7.0+dfsg/debian/build'
dh_install -a -Nlibsundials-doc
dh_install: Cannot find (any matches for) "bin/sundials-config" (tried in "." and "debian/tmp")
dh_install: libsundials-serial-dev missing files: bin/sundials-config
dh_install: missing files, aborting
debian/rules:30: recipe for target 'override_dh_auto_install' failed
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_install] Error 255

So could anybody please, pretty please commit something that really
results in installable packages?

Thanks a lot in advance