Re: RFS: openmeca/2.1.5-1 [ITP: #850590]

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 10:45:22AM +0100, dada wrote:
> >The last thing I want you to do is a proper DEP3 header for
> >
> >   debian/patches/make-patch
> That's done, I pull the change

OK, uploaded.

> I don't know it it can help but you will find an updated version of the
> package on :
>  - mentors : https://mentors.debian.net/package/openmeca
>  - debomatic (built for unstable) :
> http://debomatic-amd64.debian.net/distribution#unstable/openmeca/

I admit I do not care for both when I'm sponsoring - I just take
the status from Git.

> I have one question. What about the following lintian reports ?
>     P debian-watch-may-check-gpg-signature
>     I desktop-entry-lacks-keywords-entry
>     I hardening-no-bindnow
>     I hardening-no-pie
>     I spelling-error-in-binary
>     P no-upstream-changelog
>
> Have I to fix these issues ?

I personally ignore "Pedantic" messages.  I think those need to be
solved upstream since upstream needs to sign the download or need to
provide a changelog file and than we can deal with this.

Regarding the keyword entry you should check freedesktop.org for
valid keywords and add it to the desktio file.

How to fix the spelling also sounds obvious.

Also regarding hardening flags you did well to specify hardening in
d/rules.  Unfortunately the upstream build system seems to ignore
these settings.

None of the issues prevent me from uploading - even if fixing
those would be a good idea in the long run.