Re: Sundials is way outdated

Hi Dima,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 01:53:21PM -0800, Dima Kogan wrote:
> > I just realised that our packaged sundials is lagging two releases
> > behind upstream.  Its a bit bad to learn this right now - some days
> > after changes can make it into Stretch. :-(
>
> Hi. We talked about this a few months ago:
>
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2016/10/msg00023.html

OK - I admit I do not follow every thread on Debian Science list and
currently my interest is only due to a software that depends from
sundials (as I just learned from 2.3 :-().

> The conclusion was that the latest sundials removed support for octave
> and we didn't want to pull that out for stretch. So the plan was to
> defer the update until after stretch happens. Nobody complained at the
> time.

> I AM using my sundials 2.7 packages personally, and they've been working
> ok.

It would be a good idea to upload to experimental.

> What do you want to do?

Well, finally we need to follow upstream at some point in time and we
can not really stick to version 2.5.  My interest is just to get the
dependency working.