Re: spyder/3.1.0 in Stretch

On Wed, 2017-01-18 at 11:55 +0000, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Thanks for sponsoring python-qtpy/1.2.0 earlier today. If all goes well
> > with upstream, I should also have an update to python-qtawesome ready
> > today, which should make all b-deps satisfied for the just released
> > spyder/3.1.0.
>
> Could you prepare an NMU of python-jedi in order to have the autocompletion available in Stretch ?

Even better, I should be able to the a team-upload since I am a member of the DPMT too.

Argh, python-jedi is still on svn :-(. Is it ok if I seek sponsorship
directly to you once the fix for jedi is tested?

> ok for me with spyder/3.1.0, it is just that we should check that it works with taurus whcih is important for the
> synchrotron radiation community.

Is that something you can do already using spyder/3.1.0 in a Python 3
venv, or does it have to be with the packaged version?

> > Shall we try to get this version of spyder out for Stretch then? I am
> > using it extensively these days, so I could test it thoroughly in time
> > before the 25th. Please let me know.
>
> I would says that it will be easier to support spyder 3.1.x than 3.0.x for stretch.
> So let's try :)

I agree with that.

Ghis