Re: Please categorise your packages for the Debian Science metapackages: fenics/dolfin

On Thu, 2017-01-05 at 18:11 +0100, Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > No worries, thanks Johannes. We'll keep the fenics metapackage.
> >
> > In regards to Andreas' task package, is there any sense putting in
> > two
> > references, one for dolfin and one for fenics?
> >
> > It makes sense to me to just provide one. In that case I'd say the
> > fenics package is the one to list (in the Debian mathematics task),
> > grabbing the whole set of fenics components.
>
> Yes, the fenics package is the one we recommend our users to install.
> In the FEniCS PPA on Launchpad, the fenics meta package also includes
> mshr.

Thanks, I'll pass that recommendation on to Andreas.

In our fenics package, we could set
  Suggests: mshr
(until CGAL liberation is ready in the mshr package)

That won't get in the way of anything, but it will signal that we do
have mshr available for Debian (in a sense). Users can easily build it
from the git repo.

Drew