Re: ITP: vspline -- generic C++ code for uniform b-splines, remap functions

Am 21.10.2017 um 23:02 schrieb Sébastien Villemot:
Dear Kay,

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 11:59:04AM +0200, Kay F. Jahnke wrote:

I just released vspline 0.3.0, which introduces some minor API changes, bug
fixes and a few new features. Do I have to do anything on the debian side,
or will the change automatically result in an update to the package?

Unfortunately packages are not automatically updated, that would be too easy! :)

So indeed you have to manually package it.

The very minimum is to import the new upstream version in git (normally with
"gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan") and then to create a new changelog
entry.

Dear Sébastien!

I have now updated the alioth repo to reflect my upstream release 0.3.1.

I pulled the new upstream version into the alioth repo and added a new changelog entry.

But you may also need to modify other things in the packaging, either
because of upstream changes, or because of changes in Debian standards and best
practices (e.g. upgrading to a newer version of the Debian Policy).

Debian standards is updated to 4.11

I also modified the lists of files to be installed, to reflect one added header, one header name change and a few new examples.

Note that it is still possible to upload a new version of the package even
though the previous one has not cleared the NEW queue. Note however that this
won’t accelerate the process of clearing NEW (and if anything, it may slow it,
though I am not sure of that).

The package has finally emerged from the NEW queue, so I did these changes now that everything seems to have settled nicely. I hope I did everything right - on my system, I managed to successfully build the package with gbp buildpackage, so I hope all is well.

So now I'd like to ask you to have a look, to make sure all is well, and upload the package if you are content with my modifications - or let me know if there are things I have missed.

Fond regards

Kay F. Jahnke