Re: Package for Apache SINGA - a deep learning library

Hello,

On 01.11.17 16:37, Moaz Reyad wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> About two months ago, I submitted a RFS for SINGA:

> <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=873459>
>
> But I did not find any sponsor until now.
>
> SINGA is an Apache incubator project and we are working on graduating
> it from the incubator to become a top level project. Creating a Debian
> package will increase its usability and help gaining more users. This
> will eventually help in the project graduation.
>
> It is also my first Debian package, so I have a little experience. But
> it is a good opportunity to learn, so I can help in packaging other
> software in future.
>
> I see that there is a discussing about deep learning software
> (Theano/TensorFlow), would you also consider helping with the SINGA
> package?

I have not seen any reply to your kind request so I thought I should at
least say hello. I am somewhat busy though and I tend to think you
deserve someone with more leisure at his/her hands, preferably someone
who has some experience with your software too - have you found a
sponsor already, possibly?

Cheers,

Steffen