Re: new iproposal: a specific OS for psychologist

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Since all of those components are available already, what particular
> > features are you looking for?  You could just take plain Debian (or
> > NeuroDebian, e.g. our virtualbox image) image of any kind, install
> > all those apps and "be done".

> The comparison with SkoleLinux/DebianEdu makes me wonder whether
> NeuroDebian would become a real official Blend.

eh heh, no time has left for Blending ;)

So that you do not think that we are lazy booms, and since it may be it
would be of interest for some debian-science folks, I am happy to
present you the other collective baby of ours: http://datalad.org .  You
can treat as a Debian on git and git-annex steroids for data ;) A
sample, primarily neurosciency (but there is little to nothing
neuroscience specific in the guts of it, "data distribution" is
here: http://datasets.datalad.org/  . Soon we should provide a "Debian
apt repository" view of it for easy apt-get'ing whatever is needed.

Cheers,
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org