Re: How to deal with pandas

Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 03:43:00PM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
>
>> one more option is to drop pandas on those archs (filing
>> RM bug) and fill the list of supported archs explicitly
>> in d/control.
>
> If the pandas binaries are known broken on those archs, then it is the only
> acceptable solution (I guess the debate is then about how broken they are).

They are often not really broken, since packages (with their own tests!)
can still be built on top of Pandas. So, while there are important bugs,
I would not mark them as "renders package unusable".

I would prefer to keep the failing archs unless we know that it is
really useless. That helps for portability of other packages.

Cheers

Ole