Re: libsundials-dev

Building with gbp buildpackage --git-builder='debuild -i -I -uc -us' --git-no-pbuilder (so no cowbuilder) also produces libraries with no RPATHs, it does however produce new lintian warnings (compared to cowbuilder) about missing copyright entries for LICENSE, README and config/FindMPI.cmake.

The documentation for the option is at https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/variable/CMAKE_SKIP_BUILD_RPATH.html, I think I had tried https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/variable/CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH.html or https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/variable/CMAKE_SKIP_INSTALL_RPATH.html, I wrote this months ago and rebased it, but I remember the obvious option didn't work...

James

On 18 September 2017 at 17:24, Dima Kogan <dima@secretsauce.net> wrote:
James Tocknell <aragilar@gmail.com> writes:

> I looked at the RPATH change, lintian doesn't show any RPATH warnings
> for me, I also ran readelf on the shared libraries, no RPATH or
> RUNPATH. I'm building via gbp and cowbuilder on amd64 (with sid as the
> target distro), could that be the problem?

Hmmm. I see no rpath lintian warnings when building inside sbuild, but
many of them without sbuild (same behavior as what you're seeing with
cowbuilder).

Looking deeper (sysdig -c spy_users), this isn't because sbuild builds
are causing RUNPATH tags to be removed, but because for whatever reason
under sbuild they're never put in place to begin with. Can you confirm
the lintian warnings if building without cowbuilder?

What is that CMAKE flag you added supposed to do? I'm pretty sure it's
not doing what we think it should be doing in at least on of the yes/no
sbuild cases.

Thanks

--
Don't send me files in proprietary formats (.doc(x), .xls, .ppt etc.). It isn't good enough for Tim Berners-Lee, and it isn't good enough for me either. For more information visit http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.

 - Henrik Tikkanen

If you're not messing with your sanity, you're not having fun.
 - James Tocknell

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.