Re: libsundials-dev

S�stien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:28:22AM +1000, James Tocknell wrote:
>> I've updated debian/copyright on master (on sundials.git) with some of the
>> changes (which I did via grepping the files), but I probably haven't got
>> everything (the licensecheck script flagged a few things I missed, which I
>> need to check). Also, there's something odd with who owns copyright, as the
>> main file in sundials claims it's all LLNL (ignoring ARKODE, which is its
>> own thing), but there are some University of California notices (whether
>> that's because someone just copypasted the BSD license stuff or it's
>> intended is hard to tell).
>
> Thanks James. I reviewed your work and I think it is ok (I added a couple of
> other missing attributions).
>
> I have uploaded the package to experimental (NB: I dropped the ~exp1 suffix in
> the version number, I don t really see the point of it).
>
> Hopefully it will pass NEW, and when it does, we can contact the Release Team
> for starting the transition.

So I missed this email originally, and didn't realize that this package
was uploaded already. Thanks, S�stien! (I haven't fixed my email tool
yet; sorry.)

BECAUSE I didn't realize it, it was still on my todo list to go through
all the copyrights. I did that, and the debian/copyright is now actually
complete. I pushed that update to git, but haven't made a new upload.

I also fixed a bug: 0376efbf accidentally changed one instance of
DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH to DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE, which made all multiarch
building break, not just i386. This was hidden by unrelated whitespace
changes in that commit. James: can you please not bundle unrelated
updates into a single commit? That hides what the patch is trying to do.
If you want to make whitespace updates, make a separate patch that JUST
touches whitespace.

Also 0376efbf was trying to strip the RPATH in a better way, but I don't
think it's working: I now get lintian warnings about RPATHs. James, can
you look at that? Am I doing something wrong, or is that patch not
having the intended effect?

We should fix these, but they happened after the last upload to the
archive, so it's not urgent, probably.

dima