Re: ITP: vspline -- generic C++ code for uniform b-splines, remap functions

Am 09.09.2017 um 13:26 schrieb Sébastien Villemot:
Dear Kay,

On Sat, Sep 09, 2017 at 12:46:39PM +0200, Kay F. Jahnke wrote:

I've started afresh in the way you suggested. I hope everything is set up
properly, would you please check?

Unfortunately it is not. There is nothing on the pristine-tar branch. It should
rather contain files matching the pattern vspline_0.2.0.orig.tar.gz.*.

My suggestion would be to scratch again the repository, and recreate it afresh
from your latest source package using "gbp import-dsc --pristine-tar" (after
addressing the points below).

Now everything should be set up right, with the the correct files in the pristine-tar branch.

Two other points:

- I don’t understand why the package build-depends on libvigraimpex-dev. I see
   nothing in the build process that requires it (by the way, there is no point
   in using Build-Depends-Indep instead of just Build-Depends, since your source
   package builds only architecture-independent binary packages).

You are right. I removed the dependency.

- your changelog entry is too verbose. There's no point in describing changes
   that you recently made, since this is the first release, so there is no
   previous Debian release to compare to. It should just contain:

   * Initial release (Closes: #867382).

I shortened the changelog to just the required line.

Thanks again, I hope all is well now.

Kay