Re: Why does r-cran-rcppgsl not migrate to testing?

On 6 September 2017 at 15:12, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
| On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 07:37:07AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > It is a trivial "monstly non-bug" bug report. But the release team won't act,
| > so I am now resigned to waiting.  I explained the case in
| >
| >   https://bugs.debian.org/868558
| >
| > with any of the few (40-some now) packages still affected. They load and
| > function too for me.  (My test was not exhaustive though).
| >
| > I am frustrated, but I can not get any change to happen. I tried an email to
| > debian-devel last week, but to no avail.
|
| I wonder, what's blocking you from just sourcefully uploading all of
| those packages? Being only 40 would make it quite feasible IMO, and I
| bet there could be something you could change too (worse case, you could
| just bump Std-Ver :P).

I rather seriously considered it. I need a free weekend (not this one), and
maybe a volunteer (or two) to help.  We could just fetch the respective
packages, do a manual .1 version and upload to the DELAYED queue.  Shall we?

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org