Re: Why does r-cran-rcppgsl not migrate to testing?

On Sat, Sep 02, 2017 at 04:17:52PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> according to
>
>     https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=r-cran-rcppgsl
>
> r-cran-rcppgsl does not migrate to testing but I admit I do not really
> understand what to do.  Could you please have a look?

This is because of #861333 (essentially an ABI breakage). r-base is therefore
prevented to migrate to testing, and since R packages have a tight dependency
on the latest version of R, they cannot migrate either. Lots of R packages are
currently stuck in unstable for that reason.

Cheers,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer