Re: RFS: scram/0.14.0-1

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 2:20 AM, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 03:16:14PM -0700, Olzhas Rakhimov wrote:
> Probably, I have to learn how to do uploads to experimental.

it's just about using "experimental" instead of "unstable" in the
changelog :)

> > * all of this said, why was the manpage removed from the upstream side?
> >
> The upstream switched to help2man to generate manpages from help prompts
> automatically.

ok, then can't it be generated at build time=

​It becomes a problem with multi-arch builds (executable with '--help' isn't available).
Indeed, help2man is a bit of work packagers, but it helps the upstream with keeping only single source of truth
 for its ​

​command-line options.
I couldn't find an alternative easier way.
> Thanks for the review. There’s definitely a lot nitty-gritty stuff to
> learn for me.

heh, worry not!

So, about your new changes:
* "dh_install --(fail|list)-missing" are deprecated, as the manpage
   report
​I probably have an older version of dh_install.
Is there alternative check for missing files?

* last night a new debian-policy came out.  The website has yet to be
  updated, but in debian-devel-announce (which I expect you to be
  subscribed) you can find the relevant announcement with the changes.
  Please update your package as well for it.
  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Standards-Version
​I looked through the changes but didn't see anything relevant to my current packaging​.
I'll bump the version.

Thanks,
Olzhas