Re: RFS: scram/0.14.0-1

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 06:51:00AM -0700, Olzhas Rakhimov wrote:
> I explicitly listed 'to-be-installed' files in scram.install &
> scram-gui.install. Reuploaded

Very well, so let's get to the rest of the packaging review:  btw, be
aware that I am looking only at what's in the git repository, I haven't
even looked at mentors.d.n.

* I see the bash completion moved from
  /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/scram.sh to
  /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/scram/scram.sh - I have no
  knowledge of how bash completions should be handled, does it still
  work?  (it's due a trailing '/scram' in d/scram.install, remember that
  dh_install does not behave like cp…)
* is d/p/0001-GUI-Fix-the-static-build.patch still needed after
  switching to the dynamic lib again?
* is d/p/0001-GUI-Update-.desktop-with-URL-and-Keywords.patch upstreamed
  or something?
* The last debian upload was 0.11.5-1, but there are a bunch of other
  changelog entries: it's not a real problem (I just need to pass the
  correct -v option to dpkg-buildpackage (dpkg-genchanges actually) when
  building before upload), but still weird.  Consider that you could
  have uploaded all of those to experimental instead of keeping them for
  now :)
* stadards-version bump is not documented
* new binary is not documented either
* same for d/copyright changes
* all of this said, why was the manpage removed from the upstream side?
* last: why -DBUILD_TESTS=OFF ?

As you can see nothing major, in my opinion: nice work :)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :