Re: Moving some of my packages to Debian Science team

On Sun, 2017-06-04 at 11:30 -0400, Muammar El Khatib wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 01:32:47PM +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > Hi Muammar, are you ready to move your packages to alioth git and
> > Debian Science?
>
> I have just confirmed I was added to Debian Science Team!. I will
> start moving
> the packages. I probably will write back just to check if I did
> things correctly
> using the Debian Science Policy.

Great to hear, thanks Muammar.

> > Stretch will be released soon, after that I'm keen to update blacs-
> > mpi and/or
> > scalapack to build mumps and petsc on the minor architectures.
>
> That sounds great!. I have some doubts on how to proceed with
> scalapack/blacs
> because latest scalapack versions come already with a blacs/ source
> code in the
> tarball.

Old blacs isn't updated for powerpcspe. That's a trivial patch, perhaps
you could do it on your own source without worrying about loading old
blacs onto alioth. I'm interested in getting it into testing (post-
stretch), after which we can focus on updating scalapack.

As far as the new scalapack goes, Christophe Trophime says he's got
preliminary packaging that we could use.

Drew