Re: generic C++ code for uniform b-spline processing

Hi Kay,

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 09:24:17AM +0200, Kay F. Jahnke wrote:
> >I second Andreas' opinion. Best package quality and maintenance is
> >achieved by people who cares about the software, be it a user, a
> >contributor or a developer.
>
> I did not want to be pushy - I thought I'd just make known what I have and
> see if there is any interest. If you think my code might be a good
> contribution, I'll happily do what I can to help getting it in.

Even beeing pushy would be fine. ;-)  I stick to what I said before that
the best help to get it in would be to care yourself for the packaging.

> >Feel free to inquire the team should you need help in creating the
> >initial package.
>
> I have set up control and copyright files and created a .deb package on my
> system successfully, so I think I should be able to handle the initial
> stages of the process.
>
> I suppose the next thing I need to do is to open an account an alioth?

Yes.

> Or does someone else set up the repository there?

You need a login to push your commits anyway.  Creating a git repository
is included in the permissions you get when becoming a Debian Science
member.

> What bugs do I have to file (ITP etc...)?

Yes, please file an ITP bug.

> Do I need a sponsor first?

Yes.  You might like to consider Sponsoring of Blends[1].

> I haven't done this before, so I'm unclear about the precise procedure.

Feel free to keep on asking here if something might remain unclear.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB