Re: QSpeakers : worth packaging ?

Greetings, Benoît,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 11:16:40PM +0200, Benoît Rouits wrote:
Hello debian-science list !

This is my first post to this list, my name is Benoît and I felt it was a topic for debian-science -- sorry if not.

I wrote a program to simulate frequency response of well-known loudspeaker enclosures given the loudspeaker Thiele/Small [TS] parameters and the cabinet parameters (volume, ...). As i use it extensively as a DIY-er, i wondered if it could be useful for other people, including teachers in acoustics (i studied, lots of years ago in this realm). So, would it be worth to include it in Debian as a "misc" package? There are a lot of programs like it on Windows® but no free software, appart gspeakers (defunct, gtk+2.0, never packaged) for unices, AFAIK. I would like to have your comments or suggestions on it.

I do not think that anybody would discourage you from writing good software and
then package it for Debian !

I saw on the image that the GUI is in French. Of course, you'll need to have
that GUI by default in English.

If your program is on par with other software with similar features, of
course I think Debian might benefit from a properly packaged software piece.
Even moreso if you package the software yourself!

Cheers,
Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - public crypto key B053 304E 17D6 D419 DD9B 4651 41AB 484D 7694 CF42 @ pgp.mit.edu