Re: QSpeakers : worth packaging ?

Unsubscribe

Sent from Android

From: Benoît Rouits <brouits@free.fr>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 5:16:40 PM
To: Debian Science List
Subject: QSpeakers : worth packaging ?

Hello debian-science list !

This is my first post to this list, my name is Benoît and I felt it was
a topic for debian-science -- sorry if not.

I wrote a program to simulate frequency response of well-known
loudspeaker enclosures given the loudspeaker Thiele/Small [TS]
parameters and the cabinet parameters (volume, ...). As i use it
extensively as a DIY-er, i wondered if it could be useful for other
people, including teachers in acoustics (i studied, lots of years ago in
this realm). So, would it be worth to include it in Debian as a "misc"
package? There are a lot of programs like it on Windows® but no free
software, appart gspeakers (defunct, gtk+2.0, never packaged) for
unices, AFAIK. I would like to have your comments or suggestions on it.

Here is the possible ITP description:

* Package name    : qspeakers
   Version         : 1.0
   Upstream Author : Benoît Rouits
* URL             : http://brouits.free.fr/qspeakers/
* License         : GPL-3.0+
   Programming Lang: C++
   Description     : loudspeaker design software

  QSpeakers is a simple graphical program that
  simulates common acoustical enclosures behaviour
  to help designing of loudspeaker systems, based on
  the loudspeaker driver's Thiele / Small parameters
  and the chosen enclosure type.
  .
  This software is mostly useful for do-it-yourself
  loudspeaker enthusiasts, acoustics teaching, and
  to a lesser extent, for loudspeaker engineering.

There is a screenshot in the homepage URL.
If you are curious, you can also test it.
It needs Qt5 and Qwt6 (built against Qt5).

Comments welcome !
Thanks,
  Benoît

refs: