Re: R package CI test failures

[Jonathon, please seek for your name in the text below.]

Hi Gordon,

thanks a lot for your effort about testing R packages.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:00:05PM +0200, Gordon Ball wrote:

> non-lowercased path for vignette: output contains something like "cannot
> stat /usr/share/doc/r-bioc-biovizBase/examples/vignettes/*"

Since I seem to fail the actual reason for this one.  Could someone
please correct me that this code

   oname=biovizBase
   pkg=r-bioc-`echo $oname | tr [A-Z] [a-z]`

   (https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/R/r-bioc-biovizbase/trunk/debian/tests/run-unit-test?view=markup)

should ensure lower cased package name?  I received a similar report
like you mention above but I totally fail to understand the issue
behind it - perhaps another pair of eyes looking at it might enlight
me.  My only idea is to rather use

   pkg=r-bioc-`echo $oname | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`

and so I try this even if I think this is equivalent.

> bad substitution in run-unit-test: output contains something like
> "cannot stat /usr/share/doc/r-bioc-cumme[bund/examples/vignettes/*"

That's even more strange.  I like to just insert the original CRAN
spelling and calculate the Debian package from mit but tr does not
seem to do a reliable job and I wonder why.

> tries to test r-cran-whatever: looks like a copy-paste error in
> run-unit-test, tries to run a different package's test suite

Ahhh, I'd happily get rid of cut-n-pastos.

> error in run-unit-test: appears to be a bug in the shell script (bad
> find arguments, etc)
>
> ?: not obvious what went wrong - might be a true positive
>
> # r-bioc
>
> r-bioc-aroma.light: attempts install.packages

I don't understand this one.

> r-bioc-biocinstaller: missing dep r-bioc-biocgenerics

Fixed in recent upload.

> r-bioc-biomart: bad substitution in run-unit-test

Uploaded new version with quotes in tr call.

> r-bioc-biovizbase: non-lowercased path for vignette
> r-bioc-bsgenome: non-lowercased path for vignette

Waiting for confirmation that quotes in tr call are helpful.

> r-bioc-cummerbund: bad substitution in run-unit-test

Uploaded new version with quotes in tr call.

> r-bioc-genefilter: missing dep r-cran-class

Fixed in recent upload of new upstream version.

> r-bioc-genomicalignments: min_overlap_score bug
> r-bioc-genomicranges: min_overlap_score bug

I don't understand this type.

?

> r-bioc-rsamtools: missing dep r-cran-runit

Fixed in recent upload

> r-bioc-snpstats: non-lowercased path for vignette

Waiting for confirmation that quotes in tr call are helpful.

> r-bioc-summarizedexperiment: missing dep r-cran-runit

Fixed in recent upload of new version.

> r-bioc-variantannotation: min_overlap_score bug

I don't understand this type.

> # r-cran
>
> r-cran-adegraphcis: missing dep spdep (unpackaged?)

Grrr, I'm fighting for r-cran-spdep since years (#752876) and its again
in new.  If you want to help please review the copyright and convince
ftpmaster that it is free.

?

> r-cran-bayesfactor: missing dep r-cran-testthat

Fixed in recent team upload (Jonathon, please git pull)

> r-cran-bbmisc: missing dep r-cran-codetools

Fixed in recent upload

> r-cran-bms: non-lowercased path for vignette

Waiting for confirmation that quotes in tr call are helpful.
(Jonathon, feel free to beat me with a fix!)

?

> r-cran-contfrac: tries to test r-cran-elliptic

Jonathon, please fix.

?

> r-cran-dplyr: R version mismatch (built under 3.3.0)

Huhu, what's that???

> r-cran-epi: missing dep r-cran-plyr

Fixed in recent upload (missing Dependency in package)

> r-cran-etm: tries to test r-cran-cmprsk

Fixed in recent upload

?

> r-cran-futile.logger: error in run-unit-test script

What kind of error?  Runs fine for me if I call it directly.

> r-cran-ggplot2: error in run-unit-test script

Fixed in recent upload

> r-cran-htmltools: missing dep on r-cran-rcpp

Fixed in recent upload

> r-cran-hypergeo: error in run-unit-test script

Jonathon, please fix.

> r-cran-lambda.r: error in run-unit-test script

What kind of error?  Runs fine for me if I call it directly.

> r-cran-learnbayes: non-lowercased path for vignette

Fixed in recent upload - hopefully Closes: #759413

> r-cran-magrittr: error in run-unit-test script

What kind of error?  Runs fine for me if I call it directly.

> r-cran-plyr: error in run-unit-test script

Fixed in recent upload

> r-cran-qtl: missing dep r-cran-testthat

Fixed in recent upload of new upstream version

> r-cran-r.methodss3: bad subsitution in run-unit-test

Waiting for confirmation that quotes in tr call are helpful.

> r-cran-r.utils: error in run-unit-test

What kind of error?  Runs fine for me if I call it directly.

> r-cran-r6: tries to test r-cran-rncl

Fixed by yourself in Git - possibly missing quotes in tr call.

> r-cran-rncl: missing dep r-cran-rcpp

Fixed in recent upload

?

> r-cran-shiny: missing dep r-cran-ggplot2

Fixed in recent upload

> r-cran-sp: missing dep rgeos (unpackaged?)
> r-cran-surveillance: unsatisfyable dependencies
> r-cran-testthat: unsatisfyable dependencies
> r-cran-tidyr: R version mismatch (built under 3.3.0)
> r-cran-xml2: missing dep r-cran-rcpp

I'll leave the last 5 on my desk for tomorrow.

Thanks for your work on testing R packages