Re: looking for a maintainer (pcb-rnd)

Hello Graham,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, Graham Inggs wrote:

Hi Tibor

On 7 December 2016 at 11:15,  <pcb-rnd@igor2.repo.hu> wrote:
I got redirected from pkg-electronics-devel to debian-science with the
request below. I already have a working binary package lintian finds good,
the source package still has some lintian warnings. I'm the upstream
developer/maintainer; if someone is willing to maintain the debian packages,
I'd give all support from upstream side.

If you don't have any luck finding a maintainer right away, I suggest
looking into Debian Mentors process [1].
Specifically, the Introduction for Maintainers [2].  You are just
about ready for step 4. :)

You may find the Debian Mentors FAQ [3] useful as well.

Thank you, I actually did try that. After spending some time on it (and making some progress), I had to evaluate how much is left and how I should spend my time.

I figured there's probably not too much left for someone who is experienced with Debian policies, but much is left if I want to learn them from scratch. Since the time I can put into hobby projects is limited, I have to decide how to spend it. Currently I think spending it on upstream development is more beneficial than trying to become a maintainer. Thus I stopped looking for a sponsor and started looking for a maintainer again.

Which doesn't mean I want someone else to do all the work. I am a Debian user since about 1999, I am generally interested in the processes, I already have some limited understending on them. If someone finished the packages and started to maintain them, I could probably be there supporting from upstream and slowly learning how it is done and maybe jump in or take over maintenance after some time.

Regards,

Tibor Palinkas