Re: givaro RC bug #811847

On 07/18/2016 01:53 AM, Julien Puydt wrote:
On 17/07/2016 19:54, Doug Torrance wrote:
I see that you've recently pushed some changes to git which close the RC
bug #811847 [1].  Were you planning on uploading them?  I ask because
givaro is currently scheduled for auto-removal from testing.  I'm also
interested in givaro as it is a dependency for Macaulay2, which I'm
trying to get into Debian.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to help.

I started a transition for NTL and wanted to get it through before
starting a transition for givaro.

If I'm the one asking for the transition, I'll first need to
re-double-check the deps before RFS-ing to experimental and starting the
ball rolling -- and I won't have time before a few days.

Ah, makes sense!

If you take over, you can do it right away : I'll consider you're
helping, not stepping on my toes :-)

Sounds good. Upstream actually switched to GitHub a few months ago and released a new version (4.0.1) [1]. I'd also like to backport a recent commit that's necessary for Macaulay2 to build.

Doug

[1] https://github.com/linbox-team/givaro