Re: Request for sponsoring update of plotdrop

Hi Jordan,
> On 25 Jun 2016, at 21:21, Jordan Mantha <jordan.mantha@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm looking for a sponsor for an upload of plotdrop. I am the upstream maintainer (and former DM) and finally got to fixing all the Sourceforge, Debian, and Launchpad bugs. Since the package is maintained in the debian-science git repo I took the liberty of pushing the new upstream and updated the packaging (last touched in 2009). It's been a few years since I did any packaging but I think it should be in pretty good shape and I used pbuilder to build and test it.
>
> You can find the git repo at:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/plotdrop.git

I’m not a DD and thus cannot sponsor an upload, but here are my thoughts
from having a quick look:

1. Your d/rules is fairly simple; you should switch to the dh(1) sequencer

2. You should enable as much hardening as you can[1]; if you do 1., you
   get some of this for free, but unless you have a good reason to you
   should add “hardening=+all” to DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS

3. Your Vcs-Git should be
   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/plotdrop.git
   (note the .git and lack of a trailing /), as given at the bottom of
   the cgit summary page

Regards,
James

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/HardeningWalkthrough