Re: Need help with upgrading R package which verifies that the dir it builds in matches its name (r-bioc-tracklayer)

Hi Dirk,

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 01:55:42PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 9 May 2016 at 20:37, Andreas Tille wrote:
> | Hi again,
> |
> | I solved this by simply removing the whole configure script in a quilt patch.
>
> That sounds crazy so I took a look.  BioConductor just had a 3.3 release
> (matching the R release cycle) and they seemingly simplified it a lot.
> Compare these two:
>
> https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/rtracklayer/blob/release-3.2/configure.ac
>
> https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/rtracklayer/blob/release-3.3/configure.ac

I can confirm that I did compared the old and the new release.  Since
the old release did not had a configure script (*without* the .ac!) in
its release tarball I came to the conclusion that this might be unneeded
and in fact it is.  My guess is that it will be recreated from
configure.ac (as it should be).

> I did not look too closely at the older one but the newer does check for
> OpenSSL present or not __and then uses this in src/Makevars.in__ so if it
> were me I consider switching to this.

I can confirm that I also added Build-Depends: libssl-dev.

> Or rather, I take the 'self-directory'
> test out in 3.2.

You probably mean 3.3, right?  Version 3.2 has no such test as far as I
can see.