Re: Aw: Re: request for review: new yosys packages

On 04/03/2016 04:08 AM, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
Hello,

Gesendet: Sonntag, 03. April 2016 um 11:09 Uhr
Von: "Ruben Undheim" <lists@beebeetle.com>
An: "Sebastian Kuzminsky" <seb@highlab.com>
Cc: debian-science@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: request for review: new yosys packages

I've addressed everyone's comments in a new branch:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/yosys.git/log/?h=doc-dev-debs-2

Compared to the previous attempt (in the "doc-dev-debs" branch), this
one has:

* Do not explicitly make a yosys-dbg package, since yosys-dbgsyms is
automatically created.
* Do not remove the yosys-abc symlink, requested by upstream, needed for
compatibility with third-party scripts.
* Do parallel build correctly.
* Put header files in /usr/share/yosys/include.
* Fix yosys manual integration with doc-base.

Anything else I should fix before I ask Steffen Möller to do the upload?

I just see one little thing. After building the package, the PDF files are
compressed, and then the file names don't match the listing in doc-base..
See this thread about that subject:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2013/07/msg00084.html

I can fix the compressed PDF one while sponsoring. What you please change
is that separate branch. The uploaded version of a particular release gets a
tag, not a branch :) This was my reading of an earlier comment that
you please ahere to the Debian Science policy. It is also the
reason why I looked at a wrong version and had presumed you'd not have
pushed when I had my first look at it.

Hi Steffen, thanks for the feedback.

I was doing my development on a feature branch so that i'd be able to clean up history to hide all my mistakes, leaving a more useful set of commits in the master branch at the end.

Now that the 0.6-2 packages are ready i've done one final history cleanup, merged it (fast-forward) into master, tagged it (debian/0.6-2) and pushed it to Alioth. Please upload the packages from the debian/0.6-2 tag in the master branch, unless there's something else to fix there.

I've removed my feature branches (doc-dev-debs and doc-dev-debs-2) from Alioth.

Thanks for your help everyone!

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky