Re: request for review: new yosys packages

On 03/24/2016 09:51 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm a new member joining the debian-science team.  I've been
> working with Ruben Undheim on updating the yosys package, which does
> Verilog RTL synthesis for FPGAs.
>
> I recently completed a reorganization of the packaging that we had
> discussed, and Ruben suggested I ask for further feedback here.  My work
> is based on the 0.6-1 packaging of yosys which I did under Ruben's
> guidance.  My proposed new packaging is in this branch:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/yosys.git/log/?h=doc-dev-debs
>
> It splits the old yosys deb into two packages, yosys and yosys-dev, and
> it adds a new yosys-doc package.

I've addressed everyone's comments in a new branch:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/yosys.git/log/?h=doc-dev-debs-2

Compared to the previous attempt (in the "doc-dev-debs" branch), this
one has:

* Do not explicitly make a yosys-dbg package, since yosys-dbgsyms is
automatically created.
* Do not remove the yosys-abc symlink, requested by upstream, needed for
compatibility with third-party scripts.
* Do parallel build correctly.
* Put header files in /usr/share/yosys/include.
* Fix yosys manual integration with doc-base.

Anything else I should fix before I ask Steffen Möller to do the upload?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky