Re: Question about distributed FS for high-performance I/O [debian-hpc]

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 04:13:12 PM Serge Cohen wrote:
> Initially this system was supposed to run Lustre as FS, but since the
> support never went into stable and now is not even into unstable anymore
> it is no more an option given our limited resources in term of sys-admin
> and related activities.
>
> One option I have recently seen is BeeGFS, and it seems a reasonable
> solution… but the documentation is sparse and there seems to be not that
> many users already.

Lustre is legacy and BeeGFS appears to be proprietary (at least I could not
find its sources). I'm quite sceptical about BeeGFS as there seems to be no
community behind it...  OrangeFS may have some potential but it is
immature... There are other projects like XtreemFS and RozoFS but they are
also not good. None of those are in Debian and IMHO there are worthy
alternatives mentioned in the other email.

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov

---

There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.
        -- Winston Churchill