Re: Poly/ML maintenance

Dear Debian Science,
I have been maintaining the polyml package for a few months now, as it had not seen any updates for several years. Given that the package was not officially orphaned despite the lack of activity, this was merely as a member of Debian Science. I would like to take over officially as maintainer, and have been in contact with the two listed maintainers: Lionel Elie Mamane <lmamane@debian.org>, whose approval I am replying to, and Achim D. Brucker <brucker@member.fsf.org>, whose approval I have attached. Have I done everything necessary, and if so, could I please have some form of official approval to go ahead and change the Uploaders field?

Many Thanks,
James Clarke

> On 19 Jan 2016, at 20:53, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu> wrote:
>
> As far as I'm concerned, anybody (but in particular James Clarke) can
> take over the maintenance of the Poly/ML Debian package, which I
> haven't taken care of in years.
>
> --
> Lionel

--- Begin Message ---
Hi James,
I would love to see a properly maintained Poly/ML package in
Debian. Thus, I would be happy if you take over as a maintainer.

If I can help you, please let me know. My recent career switch (I
moved back to academia a few weeks ago) should give me more time for
working on Free Software / Debian topics.

Best,
        Achim

--
Dr. Achim D. Brucker | Senior Lecturer | University of Sheffield
       https://www.brucker.ch/ | https://logicalhacking.com