Re: Team maintenance in Debian Science for pdl? (Was: pdl: Fails to build with GSL 2)

Hi Henning,

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 12:10:14PM +0100, Henning Glawe wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 08:27:44AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > since it would be great to fix #805824 soon which seems pretty easy
> > considering the patch I would like to offer an NMU.  However, it would
> > be even more sensible to move the package under Debian Science team
> > maintenance and maintain it in Debian Science Git since it is part of
> > several Debian Science tasks (astronomy, numericalcomputation and
> > viewing).  If I do not hear anything from you until end of this week
> > I would go on to move pdl in Debian Science Git, add you as Uploader
> > and do a team upload (rather than an NMU).
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I'm fine with putting PDL under science-team-maintianance. Go forward and
> I'll join the team ASAP.

I've pushed the package to

  Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/pdl.git

did a team upload with the changelog

pdl (1:2.007-5) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Team upload.

  [ Andreas Tille ]
  * Package migrated to Debian Science team Git as Uploader Henning Glawe agreed
  * Add watch file

  [ Sebastiaan Couwenberg ]
  * Update build dependencies for GSL 2, change libgsl0-dev to libgsl-dev.
  * Add patch to fix FTBFS with GSL 2.x.
    Closes: #805824

 -- Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>  Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:47:31 +0100

and added you to the Debian Science team to grant you commit permissions.

Please consider uploading a new version soon (see d/watch file which I
added).  I usually would also have converted d/rules to use dh and I
would also have normalised d/control by

    cme fix dpkg-control

as well as converting d/copyright to DEP5.  Patches are also missing
DEP3 headers.  However, I did not wanted to be too invasive with your
package. :-)

BTW, I have CCed Gregor Hermann since after noticing that the package is
hosted at CPAN this might also be a package for Debian Perl team.  I
trust Gregor to decide whether he want to forward this for discussion or
leave it in Debian Science.