Re: engrid in debian

On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 10:39:10PM +0100, Mauro Darida wrote:
> On Monday 04 January 2016 21:11:52 Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> > >W: engrid-doc: empty-binary-package
> > >W: engrid-blenderscripts: empty-binary-package
> > >W: engrid: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/engrid/gpl.txt.gz
> > >W: engrid: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/engrid/licence.txt
> > >
> > >I have tried to manually delete those /usr/share/doc/ files but they keep
> > >regenerating...Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > What you can do is build the software, then in d/rules remove all the
> > files that you do not need. Finally, "install" all the remaining
> > software in the appropriate binary packages.
> d/rules is pretty standard and is pretty simple since is following debhelper 9
> standard...What I was looking for is to remove those lintian warnings.

Yes, this is what Filippo tried to explain.  Usually you can do
something like

override_dh_install:
	dh_install
	rm -f debian/*/usr/share/doc/engrid/gpl.txt* \
	      debian/*/usr/share/doc/engrid/licence.txt

to get rid of the extra license files and you need to create some
debhelper input files to fill the empty binary packages.

Injecting your packaging into Debian Science git would enable
us to provide more detailed hints.