Re: calculix-ccx multithreaded not working

On 14 October 2015 at 09:37, Wolfgang Fütterer <debian@wlf-online.de> wrote:
>> [...]
>> and unfortunately I do not have the time to investigate further. Can you
>> provide that example in a working state?
>
> Sorry I forget that there was some changes between the ccx versions. 'SURFACE
> TO SURFACE' is the default contact type now. I added a patch, which changes
> the contact type to 'NODE TO SURFACE'.

Ok, with that patch the example works for me. Interesting enough using
this example I see proper multiple threads in htop and a run-time
dependency on OMP_NUM_THREADS. So being bound to one thread seems to
be specific to my problem.

> Ok, then I have to investigate this issue further on. At the moment I really
> don't know why it doesn't work for you. I normally would ask you to add a bug
> report, but as long as there is no package, this doesn't work. So my next
> steps will be to add ccx to the debian repository. After that we can test it
> again and if necessary add a bug report.

As this seems to specific to my problem, I first will try to look for
difference there. Thanks for your help, I might come back with a bug
report after having investigated further.

Regards
Felix